Our very first meal with our very own chicken meat. It actually turned out really good. I had read somewhere that sometimes eating a chicken over 6-8 weeks can be tough and sinewy. Also this breed of chicken was a "Dual Purpose" chicken ( eggs & edible) not the "meat" chickens/ broilers that are big, fat, double breasted ones that you normally buy from the grocery store. I am not a huge fan of dark meat so it was a little umm weird for me at first. Every bite I thought of my chicken and it was slightly creepy to me but I assume I will get over that. It would be like seeing non blemished, perfectly shiny red apples in the grocery store compared to real organic non shiny, marked apples from the tree. Just a state of mind really. Greg on the other hand gobbled it up and said it was sooo delicious! He loves dark meat. It was just ever so slightly chewier than commercial chicken you buy at the store. Can't wait to try our chickens breast meat.
No comments:
Post a Comment